Monday, January 3, 2011

The whole ten yards

"The Whole Ten Yards" was a sequel to the movie "The Whole Nine Yards." And just like the movie, this post is also a sequel to my post "The whole nine yards."

In my original post, I wrote about the transformation that happened to a stretch of forgotten ground below the patio of our humble home. Due to my constant prodding, my mother embarked on a mini project to groom the yard and make it more pleasing to look at. And that was the birth of yet another mini garden.

It has been around six months now since I wrote about that garden below the patio. Below are some pictures of its current state.


Weeds growing around the plants are just unrelenting in their attempt to reclaim the ground.




Open spaces still need to be filled with more ornamental plants.


There's still plenty of room for the garden to grow beyond the clumps of bamboos on the left. Wouldn't it be nice to put a bench to sit on while fishing or resting at the edge of the garden?

Below is a picture of how the yard looked like before it was transformed into a more inviting place to stroll through.


There are so many other things I can think of to improve the appearance of this place, but for now this will suffice. The plants still need to take hold and claim the land like they have been there for quite a while.

In the future we'll add a winding path, an arbor, some garden accents (like rocks, driftwoods, etc.), a few benches to sit on especially close to the pond so that lazy anglers can sit down while waiting for some unlucky fish to take the bait.

I don't know if there will ever be a "The Whole Eleven Yards" movie in the future. But I'm quite sure there will be another blog entry with the same title.